Wednesday, January 25, 2012

My Soap Box

Earlier today I got on my soapbox about a subject that had really turned my stomache. Below is what i had posted on my Facebook page. If any of my fellow public servant brother and sisters have been following the going on lately with Detroit Fire and EMS how many jobs do you think that 214 Million Dollars could help pay for.

So I heard a story this morning on the radio that really got my goat. A baseball player signed a contract yesterday for 9 years and 214 MILLION DOLLARS what is wrong with this picture just because he can hit a ball. MY FELLOW BROTHER AND SISTER PUBLIC SERVANTS WHO CAN IN THEORY REVERSE NATURAL SELECTION AND SAVE YOUR LIFE AND GET CRAPPED ON EVERYDAY MAKE POCKET CHANGE COMPARED TO THESE SO CALLED SPORTS STARS WHAT IS WRONG WITH AMERICAN CULTURE.

1 comment:

  1. All of us feel that way Dave. We do the job for the love of it. It would be great if the pay commensurated with the love for the job.

    ReplyDelete